We look forward to working with you every week! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please respect our time: arrive 5 minutes early to your lesson so that you are unpacked and ready to start on time. If you are late, we will not make up that time by going over - your lesson will end at the scheduled time. Under no circumstances will lesson time be made up or refunded due to tardiness or no-shows.
- Please check your teacher's bulletin/white boards every week, so you don't miss any important information!
- Please bring your music, a pencil, and your lesson notebook to every lesson.
- Listen to any recordings that you are given, and often!
- Please remain open, respectful, and willing to try new things.
- Treat your instrument with respect and care. They are fragile and expensive! They will love you back if you care for them.
- Please keep your nails trimmed short. This is not optional.
- Practice and play often! Practicing 5-7 days a week will give you the best results. We can tell if you've crammed the day before your lesson, or simply haven't practiced. It's ineffective, and you will not move forward in your playing.
- Practice Logs: please fill out your practice logs every time you practice!
- Remember to have fun! It takes a commitment of dedication and time to improve, but ultimately we want to help grow your love for music, and playing your instrument.